Area of Practice
Since 1990, Boss Law Firm, APLC has actively represented national and state title insurers, underwritten title companies, developers, real estate owners and lenders in addressing issues that affect all aspects of ownership of, and lender interests in, real property. This specialized real estate practice includes:
Title Insurance Claims Practice
The attorneys of Boss Law Firm, APLC provide counsel to title insurance companies and their underwritten title companies in addressing claims made under title insurance policies, trustee sale guarantees, litigation guarantees and other related title insurance products.
The firm is regularly retained by our clients to review and analyze chains of title to real property. We also offer title curative services addressing issues affecting the entire spectrum of real property, from residential, commercial and industrial property to government owned or administered lands.
The firm is engaged to handle a wide range of matters. Recent examples of the firm’s work include:
- Successfully negotiating with a local city and implementing a plan to resolve a condominium conversion fraud scheme affecting approximately 40 projects and 140 condominium owners
- Counseling title insurers and guiding litigation in multi-million dollar mechanic’s lien disputes
- Assisting in the investigation of alleged real estate lender and owner fraud activity affecting multiple properties and real property interests throughout California
- Curing title problems involving time share projects and multi-unit condominium projects, requiring, in some instances, the preparation and processing of hundreds of documents for interest owners and lenders alike
- Addressing on behalf of title insurers neighbor boundary disputes as well as easement disputes, often assisting in the resolution of the same
- Providing legal assistance to title insurers in navigating the complexities of debt security approval processes imposed by the Bureau of Indian Affairs